Events Operations Assistant
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Salary||£23K DOE plus excellent company benefits|
|Telephone||01342 325 316|
- Lloyd Recruitment Services is working with a leading B2B events organisations recruiting for an Events Operations Assistant to work across a large international portfolio of conferences and exhibitions
Job purpose: Provide on-site operations assistance at designated international exhibitions and conferences
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Upload exhibitor information to the website and ensure websites are up to date (floorplans, manuals etc.)
- Update floorplans and circulate to sales department
- Answer general exhibitor queries via email and telephone
- Provide onsite assistance at designated events (will involve some overseas travel 2-4 weeks max per year)
- Provide admin support and ad hoc tasks to the Operations Manager
- To contribute to the overall efficiency of the department
- Organise small to large sized conferences, dinners and exhibitions from inception to completion with guidance and support from the manager
- Assist Operations Manager to deliver medium-large scale exhibitions
- Order all necessary exhibition and conference services including but not limited to; catering, furniture, signage, AV, IT, features, staffing, freight, registration, stand fitting, carpet, electrics and security
- Organise exhibitors and sponsors logistics to ensure all sponsor and exhibitor packages are fulfilled as sold by the sales team
- Production and timely communication of correct and detailed technical information for exhibition, including the exhibitor manual
- Respond quickly and calmly to requests from speakers, sponsors and exhibitors’ pre-event and onsite
- Working closely with the sales and marketing teams, to seamlessly deliver the event
- To arrange travel and hotel arrangements for staff within a budget
- Maintain good levels of communication between sponsors, exhibitors and the rest of the team, before, during and after an event.
- Manage inbound and outbound email communication with contractors & exhibitors keeping them up to date with all the required and updated show information.
- Understanding the principles of floorplan design, including venue rules and health and safety parameters.
- Actively involved on the show floor during the build-up, open days and breakdown.
- Attending relevant training as required
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- IT Literate, this includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint and CRM systems
- Team Player
- Excellent attention to detail as accuracy pre-show is essential
- Able to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels
- Good communication skills – written and verbal
- Willing and able to travel and work overseas for 2-4 weeks per year
- A foreign language would be an advantage
- Experience in the conference and exhibition industry would be an advantage
- Able to meet deadlines and resolve problems under pressure
- Self-motivated and able to take responsibility
- Organised, methodical and an effective problem solver
- Ability to manage time effectively, whilst remaining calm in pressurised situations
- Flexibility to work over weekends and evenings and travel worldwide when required
Salary: Up to £23,000 plus company benefits
Due to the high volume of applications, Lloyd Recruitment Services can only contact shortlisted candidates