Energy Research Analyst
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Temporary / Contract|
|Location||City of London|
|Area||Greater London, UK|
|Salary||£300 - £350 pd|
- Lloyd Recruitment Services are delighted to be assisting our client with their recruitment for an Energy Research Analyst.
The successful individual will provide Analysis of Middle East energy politics, economics, E&P policy, and investments as part of the team responsible for above-ground upstream oil and gas insight.
This role could suit an individual currently doing a PHD, therefore, there could be some flexibility regarding full / part time hours etc.
- Under close to moderate supervision, you will conduct research and analysis on the above-ground risk environment in select Middle Eastern states, notably the GCC, with a focus on the impact for upstream oil and gas investors. This will involve written analysis, thematic research, client work and presentations, as well as consulting projects.
- With guidance from senior analysts, you will monitor and assess the impacts of key developments affecting the upstream oil and gas investment environment in select Middle Eastern states, with an emphasis on forward-looking analysis.
- The majority of your time will be dedicated to conducting research and analysis and writing short, timely articles. You will maintain country-level upstream risk assessments and profiles, as well as contribute coverage of relevant National Oil Companies.
- You will contribute to broader global and thematic reports on a quarterly basis.
- Bachelor’s degree (politics, regional studies, relevant language, or economics).
- Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of directly relevant experience, traditionally acquired by working in industry, government, or consulting.
- Significant regional expertise and understanding of Middle East political economy.
- Familiarity with key actors across the energy industry and understanding of main factors of above ground investment risk.
- Strong demonstrable research and analysis skills (qualitative and quantitative).
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Proficiency with MS applications required (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Relevant language skills (Arabic, Farsi) a plus.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications Lloyd Recruitment Services receive, we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates.