This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Sector||Customer Service & Call CentreFinancial Services & Banking|
- Complaints Handler
To £24,000 + Excellent benefits
I am recruiting on behalf of a leading financial services organisation that is keen to recruit an experienced Complaints Handler to support the team to deliver effective responses to customers’ complaints.
Candidates must have experience of dealing with, and responding to, FOS complaints via the telephone, as well as responding in writing.
The role will include providing timely and accurate responses to complaints in line with business and regulatory practice (FCA, CCA/OFT). This will mean you will often be acting as the face of the organisation, speaking to customers and brokers over the phone and communicating with them in writing.
A key part of the role will involve investigating complaints; making fair and reasonable decisions about whether to uphold the complaint; and then communicating those decisions to consumers and brokers.
The Team provides ongoing support to the business in managing complaints, embedding TCF principles, and driving best practice across operational risk management, regulatory compliance, and Corporate Governance areas in partnership with other business areas.
The key responsibilities of the role will include but will not be limited to:
- Liaising with business areas and interrogating available IT systems to establish and document the chronology of events related to complaints.
- Making fair and reasoned judgements about complaint outcomes in a timely manner and in line with TCF principles.
- Keeping accurate and consistent records of investigations and decision making in line with industry best practice standards.
- Supporting the process of delivering feedback to business areas on their complaints handling practices.
- Developing and maintaining industry knowledge of the latest regulatory guidance and business best practice to continually improve customers’ post sales experience.
- Maintaining a close working relationship with Risk, Compliance and business stakeholders.
- Responding to ad hoc queries from senior management, Risk, Compliance, and customers.
Applicants MUST have previous complaint handling experience within the financial services, insurance or banking arena and will be familiar of FOS, FCA complaint handling principles, as well as TCF. This is essential and applicants without this experience clearly demonstrated on their CV will not be considered.
An awareness of Consumer Credit regulations is preferred.
- Proven track record of delivering customer focussed outcomes in a regulatory environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (including telephone, Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills)
- Strong analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional focus aimed at delivering positive customer service outcomes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly language.
- Strong attention to detail.
Due to the high number of applicants, only those who meet the above mentioned criteria and are shortlisted will be contacted.