Senior Project Manager
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Salary||Competitive + Benefit|
- Lloyd Recruitment Services are looking for an accomplished, motivated Senior Project Manager to assist our internationally recognised, blue chip financial services client in the management of delivering medium and large scale IT software / application change form initiation, through delivery into production.
You will define and manage the scope, secure resource and agree and apply a level of governance and a delivery methology appropriate to the scale and complexity presented by the change. Managing solution architects, business analysts, developers, testers and release managers. You will be expected to liaise and engage with supporting roles such as finance, legal and marketing, technical support, business and training resources as required and ensure a smooth transition into operational service.
You will support the Programme Manager and UK IT Manager in the delivery of additional activities and the development of the overall change delivery framework as required.
A Prince2 practitioner, the Project Manager will be guiding and and leading teams of anything from 3 to 20 plus team members that may comprise a mixture of IT and Business disciplines.
- Manage projects and change requests from initiation to implementation.
- Agree, define, document and maintain the scope of the project or change, ensuring a common understanding and buy-in from all stakeholders
- Adhere to the Project Management Framework and System Development Lifecycle process.
- Identify skill requirements and secure resources to meet the agreed scope within a matrix management environment
- Define and agree an appropriate governance structure for each project or change to ensure communications are filtered appropriately to the senior Stakeholders and throughout IT and the business
- Ensure the necessary business decisions are taken in a timely manner in line with the deadlines and milestones
- Monitor the progress of the project, ensuring risks and issues are identified, documented and resolved appropriately. Developing and implementing contingency plans as required.
- Manage the deployment of application and infrastructure changes in line with the change and release management policy
Essential Experience & Qualifications:
- Education to a degree standard, or comparable professional experience
- Prince 2 Practitioner or similar industry recognised qualification
- Proven ability to deliver medium and large scale software application projects
- Managing multiple project at the same time, in different stage of the lifecycle
- Experience in various project management tools such as MS Project
- Experience in Software and Systems Development Life Cycles
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications Lloyd Recruitment Services receive, we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates.
Keywords - Project Manager / Project Management / Project Lifecycle / Stakeholder Management / Systems Development / Project Delivery / Framework / Prince 2 / Project Governance / Epsom / Tadworth / Burgh Heath / Worcester Park / Purley / Banstead / Cousdon / Kingston / Leatherhead / Dorking / Ashtead / Chessington